Guy & Marisa

Guy & Marisa
Marisa & Guy
I always prefer to believe the best of everybody, it saves so much trouble. ~Rudyard Kipling

Sunday, March 07, 2010

Progress



We made two big steps forward in our adoption process over the weekend. Not only did we receive our official court approval from the State of Arizona with our completed home study, but we also finished our "Mailer One" documents for the China Center for Adoption Affairs (CCAA). We have only one more international form to complete and submit, and then we will receive our official "Log-in date" with the CCAA! Our girl (or twin girls - Guy is really keeping his fingers crossed!) has likely not landed yet on this earth. But in another dimension beyond our control and even beyond our human capacity for understanding, the energies are shifting, tilting, swirling and planning, all in order to bring this beautiful child safely into our lives, to be loved beyond words and cherished by both of us forever.


"I would teach her to love a lot.
Laugh a lot at the silliest things and be very serious.
I would teach her to love life,
I could do that."
- Maya Angelou

2 comments:

Julie said...

Hey Marissa and Guy! Erika told me about your blog, so I thought I'd check it out.

What exciting news!! I am so happy for you!! :)

It was fun to see you at the tea today Marissa. Thanks for your sweet presentation.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers as you go through this adoption process! --Julie

Lindsay said...

What a lot of work, but worth it obviously. Very exciting!