Guy & Marisa

Guy & Marisa
Marisa & Guy
I always prefer to believe the best of everybody, it saves so much trouble. ~Rudyard Kipling

Monday, April 11, 2011

CCAA status

Just in case anyone was wondering how the China adoption program works, I decided to add a box to our blog... off to the right... the "CCAA status". The CCAA is the China Center for Adoption Affairs, and they mediate all activity that involves China adoption. You'll notice that our LID (log-in date) is June 1, 2010, and that is the date that our dossier (our 10 foot stack of documents pertaining to our adoption) was logged into the China adoption system. The current CCAA status is that dossiers of potential adoptive parents have been approved for LID's through September 2010 (yay!), but families have received their referrals (matched with a child) through June 15, 2006 (boo!). I will try to update this box as we progress through the next 3 or 4 years. The call is probably not going to come at "any moment". That is just not how it works.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

ooh, fingers crossed. what a wait it's been.