Guy & Marisa

Guy & Marisa
Marisa & Guy
I always prefer to believe the best of everybody, it saves so much trouble. ~Rudyard Kipling

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Technology

So, I got a brand new camera for Christmas that is truly more complex than my car. It is the Canon EOS 7D. It even has more letters and numbers in its title than my car (400h). I am easily forgiving myself for my incompetence, and I am not going to get all frustrated either because people go to school for years to learn how to use a camera like this!

I have taken some photos here and there since Christmas on the auto setting. Sadly, I realized today that my camera is even more complicated than I initially credited it. We did a "mini" remodeling project in our kitchen that is finished as of today, (as a side note, thank God!), and I had several before and after photos to post. For a week and a half's worth of project time and what felt like a lifetime of a lack of a kitchen, it looks really great. The new fridge and dishwasher are sleek and user-friendly machines. The new lighting could even be used as, yes, mooood lighting.

But, alas, I cannot share my photos because I have no idea how to even download the photos from my fancy new camera. I feel like Bart Simpson writing this, but, doh! Give me a year or so and I will be up to speed. For the time being, you can always just pop on by for a glass of vino if you are extremely motivated to see our "newish" kitchen. (And if you get silly and I have to take a photo of you, well, then I will just have to take out my little ol' point and shoot!)

"Technology... the bane of my existence." ~ a not-so famous person named Marisa

1 comment:

Julie said...

congrats on your new camera!! hope you figure it out soon :). I hate technology too. It never seems to be as easy as it looks.