Guy & Marisa

Guy & Marisa
Marisa & Guy
I always prefer to believe the best of everybody, it saves so much trouble. ~Rudyard Kipling

Saturday, October 11, 2008

His needs, her needs?

We listened to "His Needs, Her Needs" on CD over the summer (books on CD. . . the latest and greatest way to spend your commute productively for those type A's living among the masses). The author encourages couples not to have activities that they do not enjoy together unless it is for a common goal in the marriage. Well, we may be bending the rules, or maybe we have just decided to take what we want from that book and leave the rest, but the common goal of our "his weekend, her weekend" was to enjoy a good ol' fashion time with good ol' fashion friends.


While Marisa and Sarah, her best friend from medical school, voraciously toured Napa for 3 days, Guy and his college buddies, Salim, Jeff, and Ted, held down the farm at Camino Espanol. Napa Valley was enjoyed by car, train, and bicycle. Sarah and Marisa weren't shy about the transportation modes, especially since not a single plan was crafted until 4:30 in the afternoon of our arrival, at which time many panicked calls to tour companies took place in the confines of an overrated hotel called Napa Valley Gaia Inn and Spa. Hey, you take what you can get, folks, and in this case, the bacchanalian experience of Napa was done predominantly by bicycle.

The details of the "guys' weekend" are still fairly fuzzy as far as the Mrs. is concerned, but perhaps the nitty-gritty will be shared at a later blog entry by the main Guy himself. And even if most of the weekend in Napa looked somewhat like the following. . .

. . . that would be 'blurry' if you didn't guess, great memories were certainly made, and life became just the tiniest bit more lovable in this vast delicious soup of days. I mean, what does Willard Harley really know, anyway? We certainly met a common goal of good ol' fashion fun, and when it was all said and done, we naturally fell happily into each other's welcoming arms with a feeling of utter contentment with life, love and the universe.


Oh, those 1/2 portions!
They'll get you every time.

2 comments:

Philip said...

Excellent!

Lindsay said...

I'm so happy for your girl trip!
I tried to get my friends together this Fall and didn't happen.
I'm glad you did!
Did you bike from vineyard to vineyard?
How great!!!
And Guy...I'm intrigued. Let's hear it.
You guys are one of my favorite couples I must say.